Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Build the Woods

Made our first post on Build the Woods this morning. If you haven't been on their site check it out...while your there you can keep tabs on us there as well.

http://www.buildthewoods.co.uk/

Hopefully ordering my DSLR today or tomorrow! I ordered the bag and tripod already so its pretty much a done deal. Then I'll have to find a decent deal on a flash and wireless transmitter and I'll be decked out for summer photo shooting in the woods! If anyone has suggestions on decent (but affordable) flashes let me know. Doesn't have to be pro-status just enough to shed some light on a dirty bmx rat mid air. Right now I'm leaning toward a Sigma EF530 DG Super Flash.

2 comments:

  1. I just recently purchased (just got it two days ago) Gadget Infinity's Cactus V4 flash trigger and have been super happy with it. I have only had it out once (see my Flickr or Facebook for the results) but got really good results and it was very consistent (I have had bad experiences with cheap triggers in the past). I got the trigger and two receivers for less than $100.

    As for flashes, I don't have one, but I have heard the Vivitar 285HV flashes are really good and under $100 as well. I have the Nikon SB-600 and an old Canon 199A. For wireless work, I have actually found the old 199A monster of a flash to be better than the newer Nikon.

    I am hoping to make it out to Pitney for an hour or so on Thursday; I have some time before my night class. Maybe I will see you out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I have heard good things about the Cactus V4. I'll probably hold off on the flash for a while and get a good feel for the camera first. I definitely want to have a decent flash by peak riding season though, I know it'll make trails shooting better. I've never really used flash, I always did natural light with my old SLR so I may need some lessons haha.

    ReplyDelete