Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The most serious post on this blog ever.

For those of you not in the loop with Pitney Woods. We got this little notice at the trails on either Monday or Tuesday...
Unfortunately, we all knew it was only a matter of time - and what makes matters worse is it happened just as we were starting to get some really big sets in tune. This is the fourth summer I believe, and now all of mostly Matt's hardwork is at stake.

When I got notice of this, I immediately called Jason Lonergan (Jaybone) of POSH and asked for advice. Basically he said there is still a chance, and the fact that they are giving us the chance to meet with them and discuss is a possibility of saving the woods. It's going to be a very stressful process, but it just might work. When I talked to Matt on the phone yesterday, I could literally hear the stress and shock in his voice as he talked. I know these woods mean the world to him more than anyone, and to have this happen is absolutely devastating to him.

I have a plan of action that I put in place today, and I will attend that meeting when it's setup absolutely ready to show them who we are, what we are about and that we're not just some punk kids who decided to dig in a park. We will not go down without a fight I promise you that. More will be posted as it's brought to light.

-Lance

3 comments:

  1. Dang sorry to hear this. Good luck in trying to save the woods

    ReplyDelete
  2. your trails are so awesome, good luck guys. we've been working with the local council to get our spot official and we're nearly there, so there is hope.

    ReplyDelete