Thursday, September 17, 2009

SHIT


Well I don't usually mix business with pleasure; for that matter girls with trails, or all of the emotional garbage I hear about from everyone with trails  but I may stray from that tonight.

The trails have become a type of sanctuary for many of us. A place where our problems disappear with each shovel full of clay, dirt, or leaves. I don't dig because I like the finished product and I like to ride what I have created, I dig because I don't know..... it's what I have done for a while now, and somehow it helps. We encounter girl problems because of the trails and our bikes, however, at the same time finding the only solution to life's journey in the trails. It's like a catch 22, or an alcoholic. ( I drink because i'm depressed and i'm depressed because I drink.)

My guess is if you are visiting a trail website it is because you want to see pictures of trails or videos, updates, something like that. Have you ever heard the old saying, "The church is not the building, but the people?" The trails are not the jumps but the people who labor constantly to craft a pile of dirt to perfection. We are the creators, We are the trails. So in a way maybe it is life's situations that make trail builders, maybe it is the problems we go through that create the need to throw dirt. Maybe the trails that you enjoy are somehow a product of our lives.

So I guess that's how this ties in with trails, because we are the builders, the life of the trails. 
In continuation, I thought I would get one more post off before my old girlfriend takes her computer back and I have nothing to post on here with anymore. Again, a perfect example of trails taking their tole. This relationship is probably down the drain because I refuse to "grow up" have "real goals" and "stability" in my life. I just can't change who I am! 

"I didn't mean to be mean. Like if you became a professional biker and were in the x-games and graduated college and lived outside of Lancaster County and called me and asked me out, Maybe i'd give you another shot."  That is word for word of the message I just got at 10:13 pm as I type this right now. Guess I'll never get another shot, but I'll probably be at the trails slaying dirt tomorrow, starting this whole process over again. Next time you hit the 6th lip in onlys, think about why it was created and why I helped pile a 7 foot dirt mound.

Best of luck to you all. 

7 comments:

  1. I know i'll probably catch some shit for this or whatever, from you guys. But maybe, I dunno fuck it, I'm going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In good trail news, catty is legit now. all you have to do is sign a paper to ride. thanks to everyone who helped with that. visit pa woods for the full details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant give ya shit for this man...its the best post we've had yet. Just the right amount of emotion to not come off gay haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with stoner.
    if i woulda slapped something like this up, it woulda come out totally pro-homo.
    i might be on a different platform than you in that i dig solely to ride it afterwards, but then again i'm fat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. some people just dont understand. parents, friends, old people that watch you ride your bike into the woods. they all wonder whats back there but never venture either way they just wouldnt understand. but what does it matter its not for them its for your own personal wellness.....
    deep thoughts come from the heart not from random thoughts

    ReplyDelete